Facebook has been improving its site to make it easier for marketers to reach their consumers.
Since 2007 Facebook has allowed marketers to create their own profiles and over 45 million businesses have them, according to Facebook. But since 2012, Facebook has not made any major updates to marketer’s profiles.
Creating a Facebook page can be very beneficial to companies. According to Facebook, over 1 billion people look at least one Facebook page a month, while the number of people writing to businesses through their pages nearly doubles every year.
One way to attract consumers to business’s page is with the use of celebrities. Facebook has a huge celebrity presence. Many celebrities have fan pages that users can “like”. A celebrity’s pages are a way they can communicate with their fans, talk about upcoming projects, and post pictures. Because of a celebrity’s impact on Facebook, pages that feature celebrities are more likely to be looked at. It is a good idea for businesses to have a celebrity post the link to the business page on their own page. That way businesses can reach new consumers through the celebrities fan base.
One thing businesses need to be wary about before investing time into Facebook pages is the demographic they are trying to reach. A recent study by Business Insider Intelligence showed that teens still use Facebook but they no longer see it as “the most important social network“. Instead,Instagram has taken this spot. So, if consumers are younger, Instagram might be the better choice for businesses.
5 things you need to know about the Facebook updates:
- Facebook is handing out “very responsive badges” for companies that respond to 90% of the messages they receive within 5 minutes. This will help consumers know which companies will respond to their comments and it also shows what businesses really care about your consumers.
- Pages can set up e-Commerce shops through Shopify software so that companies can sell directly from their page. Facebook will not take a cut of the profit or limit how many products can be included.
- Pages can list the specific services the business provides.
- There will be the option to have links on top of the pages that allow consumers to call or message the business.
- To make pages more mobile user friendly, there will be tabs on the top of pages where people can go to specific sections instead of having to scroll through the entire page.
photo credit: http://pixabay.com