5 important changes for advertising on Instagram
Instagram is one of the most popular social networking sites today. According to their website, there are more than 300 members and more than 60 million photos shared a day. Therefore, there is a huge opportunity for advertisers to reach their target audiences.
Instagram allows advertisers to target its existing customers like its parent company Facebook. This means that you can reach consumers who buy your product and actually use it. Brands can also have added links in their advertisements that direct the consumer to their app or website. These amenities are huge advantages over traditional advertising such as print ads and television commercials.
Kenshoo, an ad buying firm, said, “people click on Instagram ads 2.48% of the time that they see them, which it said is two-and-a-half times the average for social ads”.
Another advantage to advertising on Instagram is its celebrity presence. Many celebrities have Instagram accounts with huge fan bases. Therefore celebrity marketing does not look out of place.
Here’s what brands now need to know when advertising on Instagram:
- Instagram is allowing all advertisers on their site. In the past, Instagram has been very particular on who can advertise but they are now opening it up to everyone.
- Markets worldwide will be able to advertise.
- Instagram is allowing brands to create 30 second videos as opposed to the former 15 seconds. With longer videos you can add much more content and information into your advertisement.
- You can create a “marquee”, which is a full home-page advertisement. This feature makes it much harder for consumers to skip over your ad and guarantees they will actually notice it.
- An option of having non-square formats. Traditional Instagram posts are in a square, but Instagram decided to let advertisers choose the format of their post.
With these changes in advertising regulations, Instagram continues to be a great form of media to use for celebrity marketing.
photo credit: Flickr